What to expect in the course?
Excellent buoyancy control is what defines skilled scuba divers. You’ve seen them underwater. They glide effortlessly, use less air and ascend, descend or hover almost as if by thought. They more easily observe aquatic life without disturbing their surroundings. You can achieve this, too. The PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty course improves the buoyancy skills you learned as a new diver and elevates them to the next level.
What will you learn?
You will learn more about stability underwater. Stability is anchored on buoyancy, trim and balance which you will learn to fine tune these during the course.
During two training dives, you’ll learn:
- How to optimize the exact weight you need, so you’re not too light or too heavy.
- How to trim your weight system and scuba gear so you’re perfectly balanced in the water.
- How to streamline to save energy, use air more efficiently and move more smoothly through the water.
- How to hover effortlessly in any position – vertical or horizontal.
- Other finning techniques aside from flutter kick such as frog kick, helicopter kick and back kick.
What gears you will need?
It’s best to use your own scuba equipment, including a weight system, so that you fine-tune your buoyancy in gear you’ll use on every dive.
- Read the PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy (PPB) Specialty Manual and answer the knowledge review
- Watch the PADI PPB video
- Prepare course fee of Php12,000
- Prepare Resort/Dive/Boat Expenses of around Php7,000 (estimate only)