Diver certification begins here. If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. Get your scuba diving certification with the PADI Open Water Diver course – the world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course. Millions of people have learned to scuba dive and gone on to discover the wonders of the aquatic world through this course.
Feel free to email email@example.com or call +639178797326 if you have questions or concerns. We can tailor a dive program for you that suits your schedule and preference.
What to Expect
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development for you to understand principles of scuba diving and safe diving practices. It starts off with the independent study by reading the PADI Open Water Diver manual and answering the knowledge reviews every end of each section. Then you also need to read the Recreational Dive Planner (RDP). Reading and answering of the manual may take 8-10 hours (depending on your pace). Then you also have to watch the PADI Open Water Diver videos which is around 3 hours. Your instructor will meet you during the class to review your answers on the knowledge reviews and ensure that you understand any items you’ve missed in your assignments. There will be 4 sets of 10-item quizzes; a 50-item final exam; 15-item RDP quiz/exam. This is multiple choice. Your instructor will meet you prior the course proper for a briefing and to give you the dive learning materials needed for your home-study.
- Confined Water Dives (pool dives) for you to practice the scuba skills. This is done in the pool and usually takes 2 days (depending on your pace). Pool classes is typically done in Manila.
- Open Water Dives (ocean dives) for you practice the skills in the sea. This is a 2-day trip (overnight) held in Anilao, Mabini, Batangas. You will have 4 open water dives to become confident and competent with the scuba skills you have learnt.
This is the typical class schedule. We have flexibility in adjusting the program. Feel free to let us know your availability and preference so we can tailor-fit the program that suits you.
Though most dive classes are held in Makati, dive lessons can also be held in any dive shop in Metro Manila, Philippines. There are dive centers located in San Juan, Paranaque, Taguig, Quezon City, Ortigas. We can discuss location options depending on availability and other logistical concerns.
At least 1 week prior
Release of Manual
Start of Independent Study
Manila, 8am – 6pm
|Review of Knowledge Reviews
Quizzes and Exam
300-m Snorkel Swim
Confined Water Dive 1
Confined Water Dive 2
Manila, 8am – 4pm
|Confined Water Dive 3
Confined Water Dive 4
Confined Water Dive 5
Anilao, 8am – 4pm
|Open Water Dive 1
Open Water Dive 2
Anilao, 8am – 3pm
|Open Water Dive 3
Open Water Dive 4
Actual class schedule may slightly differ depending on resort, class pace, class size, weather, and other logistical concerns.
To enroll in the PADI Open Water Diver course (or Junior Open Water Diver course), you must be:
- 10 years old or older
- Comfortable in the water and have adequate swimming skills
- In good physical health. Please take a look at this medical statement. If all your answers are “NO”, then you are ready to enroll in the class. If you have a “YES” answer, please download and print the medical form and fill it out. Then see your physician to get a medical clearance by using the form you have accomplished. Bring the signed medical form when you enroll in the dive class and hand it over to your instructor.
- Course Fee is Php20,000 which includes classroom and pool use; Dive Equipment Use; Tanks; PADI Open Water Diver Manual; PADI Open Water Diver Certification; Instruction
- Anilao Overnight Package is Php7,000 which includes room stay (twin sharing) and resort use; 4 meals; tanks; Dive Equipment Use; Conservation Pass (Dive Pass); Boat Fees; Instruction
Upon enrollment and release of the manual (Day 0), please prepare a downpayment of Php14,000. The course fee balance and Anilao Overnight Package are to be settled during the pool session (Day 1).
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +639178797326 to share your availability. We will then match the current class schedule and location.
- Once the dates have been finalized, we will meet-up so you can sign the forms and get the manuals.
- Once you have the manuals, start studying and we will then see you in the class.
- If you need transportation to/from Anilao, we can help arrange for carpool. Paid separately.
- Completion of the course is based on satisfactorily meeting performance requirements. We are more than happy to spend more time with you in the pool or Anilao to develop your skills to become a competent and confident diver. Any cost implication (if there will be) will be discussed separately.