For any inquiries related to dive courses and classes, call +639178797326 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Exploration, Excitement, Experiences. They’re what the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course is all about. And no, you don’t have to be “advanced” to take it – it’s designed so you can go straight into it after the PADI Open Water Diver course. The Advanced Open Water Diver course helps you increase your confidence and build your scuba skills so you can become more comfortable in the water. This is a great way to get more dives under your belt while continuing to learn under the supervision of your PADI instructor. This course builds on what you’ve learned and develops new capabilities by introducing you to new activities and new ways to have fun scuba diving.
You’ll hone your skills by completing five adventure dives:
- Underwater Navigation
- Deep Diver
- Night Diver
- Search and Recovery Diver
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
If you like to take other adventure dives aside from the ones mentioned above, feel free to discuss this with your instructor. The knowledge and skills you get in the Advanced Open Water Diver course vary with your interest and the adventures you have, but include:
- Practical aspects of deep diving
- Physiological effects of deeper scuba diving.
- More ways to use your underwater compass
- How to navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time
- How to better use your dive computer
- And much, much more, depending on the Adventure Dives you choose
What to Expect
The PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course consists of 2 components:
- Knowledge Development Your instructor will meet with you prior the course proper for a briefing and to give you the dive learning materials needed for your home-study. Once you are done reading the manual you have to answer the knowledge reviews of the assigned section. Then your instructor will review your answers highlighting important points and review the items you may have missed.
- Open Water Dives for you to practice the essential skills associated per adventure dive. There will be 5 dives.
This is the typical class schedule. We have flexibility in adjusting the program. Feel free to let us know your availability and preference so we can tailor-fit the program that suits you.
At least 1 week prior
Release of Manual
Start of Independent Study
Anilao, 8am – 8pm
|Review of Knowledge Reviews
Search and Recovery
Anilao, 8am – 2pm
Peak Performance Buoyancy
To enroll in the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course, you must be:
- Be 15 years or older (12 for Junior Advanced Open Water Diver)
- Have a PADI Open Water Diver certification (or have a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Comfortable in the water and have adequate swimming skills
- In good physical health. Please take a look at this medical statement. If all your answers are “NO”, then you are ready to enroll in the class. If you have a “YES” answer, please download and print the medical form and fill it out. Then see your physician to get a medical clearance by using the form you have accomplished. Bring the signed medical form when you enroll in the dive class and hand it over to your instructor.
- Course Fee is Php15,000 which includes PADI Advanced Open Water Manual and License
- Anilao Overnight Package is Php7,500 which includes 4 buffet meals; tanks use for the 5 open water dives; Conservation Fee (dive pass); Boat Fees and overnight resort facility use (twin sharing).
- Gears Rentals. Students will have to bring their own gear (mask, snorkel, fins, BCD, regulator, weights, exposure suit). Students will also have to bring 2 underwater flash lights, 1 inflatable signaling device (safety sausage) and compass. Dive computer, reef hook and gloves not required but recommended. Your instructor will help you with your rentals in case you don’t have your own gears yet. Gear rentals usually cost around Php2,500 for 2 days. This is only an estimate depending on the gears you need to rent.
- Transportation Cost and other incidental (snacks, soda, etc) are not included in any of the fees mentioned above.
Upon enrollment and release of the manual (Day 0), please prepare a downpayment of Php10,000. The course fee balance and Anilao Overnight Package are to be settled in Anilao.
- Email us at email@example.com or call us at +639178797326 to share your availability. We will then match the current class schedule and location.
- Once the dates have been finalized, we will meet-up so you can sign the forms and get the manuals.
- Once you have the manuals, start studying and we will then see you in the class.
- If you need transportation to/from Anilao, we can help arrange for carpool. Paid separately.
- Completion of the course is based on satisfactorily meeting performance requirements. We are more than happy to spend more training time with you to develop your skills to become a competent and confident diver. Any cost implication (if there will be) will be discussed separately.
- If there are circumstances that will make you unavailable on the agreed upon training schedules, you have to inform your instructor 24 hours ahead of time to give him time to cancel the dive resort reservation.
- Failure to make the courtesy notice 24 hours before the training schedule will incur additional charges on your course fee to cover for the resort penalties.
- If you have to cancel your training schedules 3 times or more, you will be charged an additional 10% of the course fee to cover for logistics expenses.