Who should take the this course: Love scuba diving? Want to share it with others on a whole new level? Take the PADI Divemaster course and do what you love to do as a career. Scuba divers look up to divemasters because they are leaders who mentor and motivate others. As a divemaster, you not only get to dive a lot, but also experience the joy of seeing others have as much fun diving as you do.
The PADI Divemaster course is your first level of professional training. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, you’ll fine-tune your dive skills, like perfecting the effortless hover, and refine your rescue skills so you anticipate and easily solve common problems. You’ll gain dive knowledge, management and supervision abilities so you become a role model to divers everywhere.
As a PADI Divemaster, you’ll lead others as you supervise scuba diving activities and assist with diver training. Whether you want to work at a faraway dive destination or close to home at a local dive shop, the adventure of a lifetime awaits you. PADI Divemasters are respected dive professionals who are aligned with the largest and most respected dive organization in the world – PADI.
Course Prerequisites: PADI Rescue Divers who are at least 18 years old may enroll in the PADI Divemaster course. You also need to have:
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
- At least 40 logged dives to begin the course and 60 dives to earn certification.
Note that qualifying certifications from other diver training organization may apply – ask us for more details. Email us at email@example.com.
Course Materials: When you sign-up for the course, the course package includes the Divemaster Crew Pack which includes:
- Divemaster Manual
- Instructor Manual (for Divemaster-led programs)
- Divemaster Slates
- Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving
- Scuba Tune-Up Workbook
- Professional Training Log
- Electronic RDP ML (eRDPML)
- Discover Scuba Diving Instructor Cue cards
What scuba gear will you use: As a dive professional, you’ll want to have all your basic scuba equipment:
- Dive Computer
- Mask and Snorkel
- Fins and Booties
- Torch / UW Light
- Delayed Surface Marker Buoy (safety sausage) and Reel
- Exposure Protection (i.e. wetsuit) including pocket shorts
- Dive Knife
- First Aid kit
How long does it take: Depending on your pace and preparedness, it usually takes around 20-30 days which may be spread in several weeks and months. Some students opt to have weekend classes only which make the course span in 4-6 months.
How much does it cost: Course fee is Php 59,000. The course package includes:
- PADI Divemaster Crew Pack (PADI DM Materials)
- Divemaster Training
- Divemaster Internship
- Discover Scuba Diving (DSD) Leader Training (this allows you to independently conduct DSD/introdive on confined open water )
- At the end of the course, you will receive 2 professional PADI Ratings.
- PADI Divemaster
- PADI DSD Leader
- … and 6 other PADI ratings (if you choose to take the specialty courses)
- 5 PADI AWARE Specialties (optional; just pay for the registration fee; see specialties below)
- PADI Master Scuba Diver (if 5 specialties have been completed; registration fee is part of the package)
- Exclusions on the fees:
- PADI Divemaster Registration Fee ($AUD198 paid directly to PADI via credit card; PADI fees may change without prior notice)
- PADI DSD Leader Registration Fee ($AUD105 paid directly to PADI via credit card; PADI fees may change without prior notice)
- Divemaster Candidates are also highly encouraged to take 5 of the Project AWARE Specialties listed below that will reinforce their marine conservation involvement as PADI professionals. Course Fees will be waived. Candidates have to pay only PADI Registration (Php2,500 per specialty) which actually goes back to Project AWARE’s marine conservation programs.
- Project AWARE Specialist
- AWARE Dive Against Debris Diver
- AWARE Shark Conservation Diver
- AWARE Coral Reef Conservation Diver
- AWARE Fish Identification
- AWARE Sea Turtle Awareness Diver
- AWARE Whaleshark Awareness Diver
- AWARE CoralWatch Coral Health Chart Diver
- Underwater Naturalist (payment on the manual is separate)
- First Payment: Php30,000 as downpayment upon receipt of the manuals.
- Second Payment: Php 29,000 at the start of the training session.