For any inquiries related to dive courses and classes, call +639178797326 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Love scuba diving? Want to share it with others on a whole new level? Take the PADI Divemaster course and do what you love to do as a career. Scuba divers look up to divemasters because they are leaders who mentor and motivate others. As a divemaster, you not only get to dive a lot, but also experience the joy of seeing others have as much fun diving as you do.
The PADI Divemaster course is your first level of professional training. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, you’ll fine-tune your dive skills, like perfecting the effortless hover, and refine your rescue skills so you anticipate and easily solve common problems. You’ll gain dive knowledge, management and supervision abilities so you become a role model to divers everywhere.
As a PADI Divemaster, you’ll lead others as you supervise scuba diving activities and assist with diver training. Whether you want to work at a faraway dive destination or close to home at a local dive shop, the adventure of a lifetime awaits you. PADI Divemasters are respected dive professionals who are aligned with the largest and most respected dive organization in the world – PADI.
What to Expect
The course is composed of the following:
- Knowledge Development – This where you have to read the manuals, submit your knowledge reviews and watch the videos to prepare you for the written exam (75% passing).
- Waterskills Development
- Waterskills Exercises – This is where you should be able to demonstrate your fitness, stamina and comfort level in the water.
- Diver Rescue – This is where you will fine tune your ability to help someone in distress.
- Dive Skills Workshop – This is where you polish and take your diving skills to the next level while being more competent and confident.
- Practical Application
- Practical Skills – This is where you will learn master common dive tasks and management
- Divemaster-conducted Programs Workshops – This is where you develop how to conduct certain PADI programs independently or under the direct supervision of a PADI instructor.
- Practical Assessment – This is where you will be able to practice the divemaster skills you’ve gained under the guidance of a PADI instructor.
As part of the divers.ph PADI divemaster program, we offer PADI specialties and the Master Scuba Diver rating as part of your course to help you increase your dive proficiency. More details below on the inclusions.
Your independent study duration may vary depending on your learning pace. The independent study consists of reading the manuals, completing the assignments and watching the videos. The independent study may take a around 2-3 weeks. Once the independent study is completed, then you are ready for the waterskills development and practical applications.
These waterskills development and practical applications usually takes around 20-30 days which may be spread in several weeks and months. Some students opt to have weekend classes only which then make the course be completed in 4-6 months.
There is so much commitment that is required from you to go through this rigorous but fun and fulfilling training. The investment both for time and financial is significant and we want you to enjoy every bit of your course and make it fulfilling and rewarding.
We offer a premium course and not just bare minimum divemaster program because we wanted you to gain as much experience as possible to help better prepare you in your dive professional responsibilities.
To enroll in the PADI Divemaster course, you must be:
- 18 years and older
- PADI Rescue Diver or equivalent rating
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) Provider with training within the past 24 months.
- In good physical condition with a medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
- At least with 40 logged dives to begin the course and 60 dives to earn certification.
- Comfortable in the water and can swim
When you sign-up for the course, the course package includes the Divemaster Crew Pack which includes:
- Divemaster Manual
- Instructor Manual (for Divemaster-led programs)
- Divemaster Slates
- Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving
- Scuba Tune-Up Workbook
- Professional Training Log
- Electronic RDP ML (eRDPML)
- Discover Scuba Diving Instructor Cue cards
As a dive professional, you’ll want to have your personal basic scuba equipment:
- Dive Computer
- Mask and Snorkel
- Fins and Booties
- Torch / UW Light (primary and back-up)
- Delayed Surface Marker Buoy and Spool
- Exposure Protection (i.e. wetsuit)
- Pocket shorts
- Diver’s Toolkit
- Dive Knife
- First Aid kit
- Pocket Mask
If you are planning to buy some of the gears mentioned above, it is best to speak to your instructor for recommendation.
Course fee is Php 59,000. The course package includes:
- PADI Divemaster Crew Pack (PADI DM Materials)
- Divemaster Training
- Divemaster Internship
- Discover Scuba Diving (DSD) Leader Training (this allows you to independently conduct DSD/introdive on confined open water )
- Once you’ve completed the course performance requirements, you will receive 2 professional PADI Ratings.
- PADI Divemaster
- PADI DSD Leader
- … and 6 additional PADI ratings (if you choose to take the optional specialty courses)
- 5 PADI Specialties (just pay for the registration fee; see specialties below which are part of the Divemaster package)
- PADI Master Scuba Diver (if 5 specialties have been completed; MSD registration fee is part of the package)
- Exclusions on the fees:
- PADI Divemaster Registration Fee ($AUD220 paid directly to PADI via credit card; PADI fees may change without prior notice)
- PADI DSD Leader Registration Fee ($AUD118 paid directly to PADI via credit card; PADI fees may change without prior notice)
- Anilao Trips are not part of the package. It is estimated to have 8-12 Anilao trips (at least) over the 4-6 months of training. Typical overnight expenses is around Php7,000 per trip paid directly to the resort.
- Divemaster Candidates are highly encouraged to take the specialties listed below. Course Fees will be waived. Candidates have to pay only PADI Registration/manual (Php3,000 per specialty).
- Emergency Oxygen Provider
- Search and Recovery
- Deep Diver
- Underwater Navigation
- and any of the Project AWARE specialties:
- Project AWARE Specialist
- AWARE Dive Against Debris Diver
- AWARE Shark Conservation Diver
- AWARE Coral Reef Conservation Diver
- AWARE Fish Identification
- AWARE Sea Turtle Awareness Diver
- AWARE Whaleshark Awareness Diver
- AWARE CoralWatch Coral Health Chart Diver
- Underwater Naturalist
Downpayment is Php30,000 upon receipt of the manuals. Then the course fee balance of Php29,000 is paid at the start of the water activities. The PADI specialties will be paid up at the start of the class. All PADI registration fees will be paid on course completion/registration.
- Email us at email@example.com or call us at +639178797326 to share your availability. We will then match the current class schedule and location.
- Once the dates have been finalized, we will meet-up so you can sign the forms and get the manuals.
- Submit the following to your instructor:
- Copy of your cards for Open Water Diver, Advanced Open Water Diver, EFR and specialties
- Copy of your logged dives
- Copy of your medical statement (valid for 12 months)