Emergency First Response Instructor Course
Who should take the this course: CPR and first aid are key skills that are important to everyone, not just scuba divers. As an Emergency First Response Instructor, you teach skills based on internationally recognized emergency care guidelines, and you can offer courses to anyone. The great thing about EFR courses is they make learning easy by providing a comfortable environment to practice emergency care skills. Your students finish the course feeling confident with their new skills and ready to help someone in need.
The only requirements are that you’re at least 18 years old and have Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months. An EFR Instructor rating is required to become a PADI Instructor, but you don’t have to wait until you’re ready to go pro. You can complete or refresh this training during your PADI Instructor training.
What will you learn: Your role as an EFR Instructor is to be a coach that creates a positive learning environment. Along with learning how to structure and organize EFR courses, you practice:
- Presenting course content.
- Encouraging self-discovery in students.
- Evaluating student understanding and skill mastery during hands-on skills practice.
- Managing effective scenario-based learning experiences.
You will also get the chance to refresh your EFR Provider level skills during this instructor course.
Course Prerequisites: To enroll, the candidate must provide a copy of EFR Credentials or equivalent rating obtained in the last 24 months. If EFR or equivalent rating is not within 24 months, a refresher course will be included as part of the EFR Instructor course.
How long does it take: Depending on your pace and preparedness, actual in-person class usually takes around 1.5 days. Preparatory activities (i.e. reading of manuals, watching of videos, etc) which should be done prior the in person class usually take approximately 80 hours.
How much does it cost: Course fee is Php 15,000.
- EFR Instructor Course Fee
- EFR Registration Fee (AUD 172; Paid directly to PADI using your credit card; EFR fees may change without prior notice)
- EFR Instructor Manual and Instructor Guides (~Php6,200)
- EFR Care for Children Participant Manual (~Php Php600)
- EFR CPR and AED Participant Manual (~Php 600)
- EFR Primary Care and Secondary Care Participant Manual (which you should have during your EFR Provider course; if not, you should also purchase this which costs around ~Php 3,000)
- Emergency Care at a Glance Reference Card (~Php 420)
- Payment Upon Enrolment: Php15,000