For any inquiries related to dive courses and classes, call +639178797326 or email email@example.com
DPVs offer a thrilling way for scuba divers to see a lot of underwater territory in a short amount of time. They scoot you through the water allowing you to glide over reefs, buzz around a large wreck or go to less travelled dive sites. Whether making a shore or boat dive, a DPV is a great way to see more and have fun doing it. If you are into diving in the fast lane, this is a specialty course for you!
This PADI DPV Specialty Diver course will be credited to your PADI Master Scuba Diver rating.
What to Expect
Your instructor will meet you to give you the manual and the video for your independent study. You have to answer the knowledge review. Your instructor will review your answers and discuss any items you’ve missed.
The training dives are spread out in 2 days due to logistics. You’ll make two open water training dives and learn about:
- Maintaining your DPV.
- How to plan dives, including procedures for staying with your buddy.
- DPV-handling skills, such as making proper descents and ascents.
- Potential problems and ways to deal with them.
Gears that you’ll be using are as follows:
- BCD with backplate configuration.
- Mask, Fins and Exposure Protection
- Delayed Surface Marker Buoy
- Pocket Shorts
- The scooters will be provided during the class. The scooters that you will use are Advanced Diving Vehicles with top speed of 55 meters per minute (190 feet per minute) with run time of around 60 minutes or cruise speed of 45 meters per minute (149 feet per minute) with run time of 75 minutes. These Advanced Diving Vehicles are not just toys-for-the-big-boys but tools for meaningful dives such as reef survey, exploration dives, mapping, search and recovery, etc.
Upon completion of your training and certification course, you can join our expedition dives, reef survey, fishing line extraction trips or just dive in the fast lane.
To enroll in the PADI DPV Specialty course, you must:
- Have a PADI Open Water Diver certification (or have a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Comfortable in the water and have adequate swimming skills
- In good physical health. Please take a look at this medical statement. If all your answers are “NO”, then you are ready to enroll in the class. If you have a “YES” answer, please download and print the medical form and fill it out. Then see your physician to get a medical clearance by using the form you have accomplished. Bring the signed medical form when you enroll in the dive class and hand it over to your instructor.
- Course fee is Php22,000
- Resort/Dive/Boat Expenses is around Php7,500 (estimate only)
- Gear Rentals (if needed)
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +639178797326 to share your availability. We will then match the current class schedule and location.
- Once the dates have been finalized, we will meet-up so you can sign the forms and get the manuals.
- Once you have the manuals, start reading the manual, answer the knowledge review, watch the DPV video and we will then see you in the class.