Underwater photography is one of the most popular diving specialties, and with so many underwater cameras to choose from, it has become easier and more fun than ever to capture images of your underwater scuba adventures. The PADI Digital Underwater Photographer course gets you going quickly, whether you use a point-and-shoot camera or a sophisticated dSLR like the pros.
What will you learn?
During the two training dives, you’ll learn:
- How to choose the right underwater camera system for you.
- The PADI SEA (Shoot, Examine, Adjust) method for getting great shots quickly.
- Basic Photography Principles (if needed)
- Principles of for good composition of underwater images.
- Practical techniques to take underwater photos with your digital camera taking note of composition and exposure
- How to hover effortlessly in horizontal position with your underwater set-up
- Other finning techniques aside from flutter kick such as frog kick, helicopter kick and back kick (if needed)
The course puts importance on zero impact photography diving with no bottom touching, preserving and respecting marine life underwater.
What gears you will need?
It’s best to use your own dive and photography equipment.
- Read the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Manual and answer the knowledge review
- Prepare course fee of Php20,000
- Prepare Resort/Dive/Boat Expenses of around Php7,000 (estimate only)